Still to Cover¶
How do you solve a problem?
- How do you figure out what is available?
- How do you determine if something is working?
- How do you figure out why it isn’t working?
- Where is the documentation?
- Where do you ask questions (and how)?
- What are the common patterns you’ll see time and again?
paths and processing large numbers of files
- path-name composition (os.path.join, etc)
for (path, directories, files) in os.walk
- sys, os, subprocess (often required for any real work)
- glob, shutil (getting things done at the OS level)
- requests (web client operations)
- asserting your assumptions (prelude to TDD)
- asserting pre/post conditions
- throwing errors vs silent corrections
- handling corner cases